Big Sky is seeking a mid- to senior-level Research Analyst to serve a defense client. We’re looking for self-motivated, results-oriented professionals who thrive in a high-risk, high-reward environment.
This position may be performed on-site at one of the following locations: Fort Meade, MD, Fort Belvoir, VA, Arlington, VA, or Chantilly, VA.
Responsible for providing research and analysis of existing and emerging threats and vulnerabilities to senior defense clients and their staff.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide recommendations regarding the management, coordination, and development operations and training executed by the client on a daily basis.
- Analyze and develop recommendations regarding the client’s Operations Calendar to ensure requirements levied are executable against current tasks to ensure there are no conflicts, and training requirements are synced with operations.
- Conduct analysis and provide reports on personnel operations tempo to Government Team/Branch/Division Chiefs.
- Provide analysis of finalized products, including Damage Assessments, Threat Assessments, and OPSEC Assessments to supported organizations
- Monitor and disseminate all operations orders received from higher headquarters and ensure completion of all required administrative tasks and mandatory training.
- Conduct analysis and provide recommendations to the client on the training readiness of the unit.
- Analyze and compare unit compliance with all published training requirements, and additional requirements levied by the higher headquarters and the unit commander.
- Provide analysis of trends within the Battalion for use in future planning and efficiency improvement. Provide recommendations for the scheduling of training events. Process requests for training for all Detachment personnel.
- Maintain a training calendar for Government and Contractor.
- Maintain training files for Government and Contractor personnel.
- Analyze and report the status of required training across the detachment.
- Analyze and provide recommendations for the coordination of resources for training and in the unit’s knowledge management processes.
- Provide actual versus planned task expenditures, technical progress made, schedule status, travel conducted, meetings attended, issues, and recommendations.
Level II: Bachelor’s Degree and/or 4 years of intelligence analyst experience, at a minimum
Level III: Bachelor’s Degree and/or 8 years of intelligence analyst experience, at a minimum
Subject Matter Expert: Bachelor’s Degree and/or 10 years of experience in a related field, at a minimum
- Experience with CI, CT, HUMINT or Technical Analysis Training AARs
- Experience with Strategic Plans Analysis
- Experience with Strategic Communications, Transformation, Modernization or Planning AARs
- Experience with CONOPS, OPLANS, and OPORDS
- Experience with SOPs and/or TTPs
- Experience with CI, CT, HUMINT or Technical Analysis AARs
- Experience with Conference AARs
Our Values: Everything we do at Big Sky is dictated by our values. We take them very seriously, and we're proud of this unwavering commitment.
Intellectual Curiosity: We will always be professional problem solvers and learners.
Results!: Our success is defined by the results we deliver.
Fun in Everything We Do: We spend most of our time working, and we ought to have a good time doing it.
Relationships Matter: Our relationships with each other and with our clients are the basis of trust by which we’ll succeed in business and in life.
Value Focus: We believe in providing a measurable return to everyone we touch including clients, shareholders, and employees.
Big Sky is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.